Every year at Sound City we work with many volunteers across different roles for the festival and conference. Our volunteers are a key part of our team and we are very proud to work with them.
As a Sound City volunteer, you will be given a role across on either the festival or conference on 3rd, 4th or 5th May and you will receive a pass to attend the festival and conference outside of the times when you are volunteering.
We offer all volunteers who have successfully completed their roles a reference and are happy to offer advice on next steps in the industry.
Volunteers who have worked on previous Sound City events have gone on to work at companies including: Umbro, Manchester International Festival, Bluepeg, Ditto Music, Field Day, V Festival, Green Man, Snowbombing, Outlook (Croatia), Sunday Best Recordings, Notting Hill Music, Nintendo, Tileyard Music, Glastonbury, Festival Number 6, United Talent Group, Sentric, Coda Agency, The Olympics, Sound City, Atlantic Records, Warner Brothers Entertainment, Modern Sky UK and many more.
Check out some of the roles we have for Sound City + listed below and how to apply:
Stage Manager Assistant Job Description
• Assist the Stage Manager in the smooth running of the stage programme
• Roles could include making sure performers go on stage on time and changing props/equipment over
Runner Job Description
• Run things between different areas of the venue
• Make sure all members of staff and performers have everything they need
Artist Liaison/Green room Job Description
• Bringing the artists from the green room to the stage on time
• Make sure all performers are fed and watered
• Assist performers with any issues they might have
Conference Assistants Job Description
• To assist with setting up the venue
• Some lifting
• During live event assist the Managers on ad hoc duties making sure the smooth running of the event
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent time keeper
• Good problem solver
• Available all day 29th April (Potentially needed the week leading up to, 29th April - 3rd May.)
All Interviews will take place in April. Application deadline is 30th March. All applicants to send a C.V. and short cover letter to email@example.com